Hi everyone-

I've been wrestling with a clutch problem for some time so let me ask if anyone has a thought that might help. I have Series IIA 88" which is pretty stock. It's running a rebuilt IIA transmission from RN, installed around 1996. My problem is that it won't fully declutch when I depress the pedal. It's still grabbing and slipping. From a standstill it will start to creep forward if you let off the brake, and changing into first gear from neutral is a clashing mess. It accelerates and shifts up OK; I'm probably matching speeds fairly well. But it definitely seems like it's not disengaging completely.

I had a new (9.5") clutch and plate put in less than 300 miles ago and there was not much improvement. I've tried adjusting the pedal travel and it's way off spec; it wants to be as high as possible to make the pedal push the MC piston farther. I've rotated the push rod at the slave cylinder and got tiny improvement but it's already way longer than the manual says (2 7/8").

I've bled the lines many times. I wonder a couple of things: the MC was replaced not long ago; is it possible fluid is leaking around its piston? Also, could there be wear in the mechanical linkage parts downstream of the slave cylinder? I'm thinking of that connecting tube and whether the holes in it are worn to ovals.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any ideas.

Tom