Thread: Original MSRP 1970 Series 2A

Default Original MSRP 1970 Series 2A

Can anyone post a window sticker picture or give me a link to a good verifiable source for the MSRP of a standard equipped 1970 Series 2A 88 or 109? I moved to anew town and my local registration/tax office is telling me that the original MSRP is $15,104! I know that is wildly over what they went for, but I don't have any proof that can lower my yearly excise tax here in Maine.

Thanks,

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by oldhaven View Post
    Can anyone post a window sticker picture or give me a link to a good verifiable source for the MSRP of a standard equipped 1970 Series 2A 88 or 109? I moved to anew town and my local registration/tax office is telling me that the original MSRP is $15,104! I know that is wildly over what they went for, but I don't have any proof that can lower my yearly excise tax here in Maine.

Thanks,

Ron
    1969, best I can do.

Name:  SIIa-USA-1969.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  62.2 KB
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Thanks, that helps, I hope. I found another for a '73 at $5196.24, which accounts for inflation, but maybe being able to bracket the 1970 year will be enough.

Ron

Found this: https://www.amazon.com/1970-Land-Rov.../dp/B00OY7SHY6

Although, it doesn't actually say 1970 on it, that I can see.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

I'll print it and take it in with the others. More ammunition, thanks jp

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by oldhaven View Post

Thanks,

Ron
    Hi Ron:

Which town?

Ted

Hi Ted,

We moved this November from Bowdoin to Bath. Despite Bath Iron Works being here, the real estate taxes are at least three times what Bowdoin charged for a similar house, and the Rover's excise tax based on that MSRP error is quadruple what I paid in Bowdoin.

Ron

Thanks for the help guys. My excise tax went from $60.42 a year to $15.00 when I presented them with the documentation you provided. I think they must have confused my Series truck with a Range Rover or a Rover car.

Ron