Thread: Robert Davis GM 2.5L Conversion

Default Robert Davis GM 2.5L Conversion

Does anyone know if these are still being made? I'm in the need of a new engine (very long story), and I thought I'd go this route for a little extra horsepower and access to parts.

Thanks.

I had one of the first of these Robert did in a 2A ambulance with the original body, and it changed that very heavy vehicle from a dog into a 70 MPH highway and hill capable truck. I was very happy with it, but I sold it to cut down the number of cars I had. It is now sitting very forlorn and neglected looking in a yard in Topsham Maine. I think the non standard specification and parts used make the engine something that only an owner who understands mechanics and is a good DIY'er should consider.

Did you ever find out? In a similar spot now.
    Current: 1965 Series 2a Santana SWB.

Past: 2006 SE V8.
    2.5" lift Johnson Rods, 295/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, ATX AX201 18x9 wheels, Front Runner Slim Line II rack, Front Runner ladder, Additional fiddling through Gap Diagnostic IID Tool

Pretty sure he's still doing them. Shoot him an email at rdavisinva@yahoo.com

Not sure about what's up with Robert Davis these days, but I hear great things about him. FWIW, I have some interesting bell housing adaptors, SCOTTY's and Phillips engineering UK [both now out of business]. The Scotty's ones are for Chev 4,6 & 8-cylinder engines and the Phillips engineering ones are for adapting the Rover V8 engines. I have a complete Chev 4-litre engine with 3,5000 miles since brand new from General Motors, and a Rover V8 complete with a 5-speed Rover standard gearbox, currently in 1 of my NADA's and available for purchase. I also have an exceptional NADA project for sale that I'm offering with a very-nice-running 3 litre (THREE-litre) engine. 360-789-5070