Thread: Pangolin Stainless Steel Fuel Tank

Default Pangolin Stainless Steel Fuel Tank

Has anyone purchased one of these? I recently bought one after my previous aftermarket tank rusted out after just a few years. I just tried to install it and discovered that the bolt hole in the rear flange is too small for the tank's shoulder bolt. I'm going to contact Pangolin but just wanted to know if anyone else has had this experience?
    1970 Series IIA
    1964 Series IIA [sold]

You should definitely reach out to Ike at Pangolin - his stuff is usually spotless and he will want to make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by TedW View Post
    You should definitely reach out to Ike at Pangolin - his stuff is usually spotless and he will want to make it right.
    yup agreed Ike likes to be accurate, I just ordered two militay bumperettes not on the web site but he had two, they were what i wanted, used and bent, and the price was right, less than other folks who have hard to find MOD military stuff like switches and glass lights. But for the tank issue, you should let him know, and could you just make drill a new hole or enlargen the existing, use a good quality drill bit, its stainless.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by TedW View Post
    Very similar to what my 3 looks like from the rear but it took me several looks to realize you have a tail gate and not the door!!, looks good. my flag is on the other side.

I contacted them after I posted this message and he said their design is based on a later model that uses different bolts. He sent me a batch and I just installed them - fits perfectly.
    1970 Series IIA
    1964 Series IIA [sold]