Thread: ID help for my IIa round heater?

Default ID help for my IIa round heater?

Hi all,

My 1963 IIa 109 has a round heater in it - it looks very similar to the round Smiths design but is not exactly the same - pics attached below

It does not have the riveted Smiths id plate on top
    It does not have holes in the lids for the plastic pulls, or for the springs to keep the lid doors shut
    It does not have an indentation in the front between the lids for a Smiths badge/logo

What it does have, are two round recesses in the lids with what looks like old glue marks for what I'm guessing were either logos or pull handles.

Can someone on here tell me what brand this thing is?

I'm comparing mine to the one pictured on this site:
    https://littlegreenlandy.com/2017/07...ing-of-things/

Thanks

-e
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-2313.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	13289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1385.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	13290  

Nope have not seen that one before, clearly a variation of the Smiths pancake shin burner. I had one in my ex mod 2a, did not like it much, ended up replacing it with a non rover jeep mk military heating core, which works nicely, and was an easy cheap replacement, cheers

looks a lot like the one in my 2a that i've yet to drive. will have a look, see what it is for you