Thread: 2.25D won't start - Injector Pump issues?

Default 2.25D won't start - Injector Pump issues?

I have an 82 S3, 2.25D that all of a sudden won't start. Usually she starts right up, but after not running for about a month, when I went to start...nothing. I've read similar threads on this message board, but still can't get it to run. Here is what I have done so far:

• Checked gas (have 4+ gals)
    • Installed new battery
    • Removed & cleaned fuel filter
    • Bled Banjo on top of filter
    • Bled 9mm screw on Fuel injector pump
    • Removed distributor caps and had someone crank, still no fuel coming out

I've read that it can be a bear to bleed these out. Any ideas for what else to do? I thought about loosening banjo on pump and having someone crank to see if it further bleeds.

Also heard some people say to try and tow start it. Admittedly I have no idea how to do that, and wonder if that will help if the issue is the distributor pump.

Any way to try and isolate what the issue is? I guess it's highly probable that it isn't actually the injector pump, either

Most times when my old 2.25D wouldn't start it was either a glow plug problem or air in the lines. Are you running a ballast resistor? Are you getting power to the glow plugs? Some folks run a ballast resistor despite newer type plugs. Another possibility could be the starter. I had a case where it simply wasn't spinning fast enough to start yet sounded as if it was. I swapped starters and it fired right up.
    If you're getting fuel AND the glow plugs are hot then I'd check the starter. My two cents.