Thread: Help Requested: Removing Selectro FWH

Default Help Requested: Removing Selectro FWH

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm trying to remove the Selectro FWH's from my spare axle so I can give them to a friend. They are on the axle from my '64 IIA 88. When I restored the vehicle 16 years ago I used the S3 axles from my donor car. Hence I have a spare pair of IIA axles.

Question 1: I can't seem to get these off. All the bolts came undone easily and the FWH spins freely with respect to the drive flange, but they don't pull out. What am I missing?

Question 2: Even if I get them off, will my friend be able to use them on his early Series 3? He has the old MAP hubs that require the tool to lock/unlock and one of them blew up recently so he's looking to get a set of FWH's. I'd like to give him these, but I a wondering about compatibility between SIIA and S3.

Many thanks!

Myron

Pics:

I'd remove the allen headed bolts around the dial ring and see if you don't have a large axle nut to remove.

Hi

Does he want sell the one working map hub?

josh t
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by clearcut View Post
    Hi

Does he want sell the one working map hub?

josh t
    Thanks @clearcut and @erik88lr! I will try removing the set screws around the outer ring.

Clearcut, I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if my buddy would be interested in selling his other working MAP hub. I'll check.

Thanks again!

Myron

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    Thanks @clearcut and @erik88lr! I will try removing the set screws around the outer ring.

Clearcut, I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if my buddy would be interested in selling his other working MAP hub. I'll check.

Thanks again!

Myron

thank you for the update

josh
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler