Thread: Oil pressure gauge pipe leaking!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Oil pressure gauge pipe leaking!

Hi all
    i have a 1965 88, petrol engine. It has a dual smith oil/temp gauge and the oil pressure pipe (see picture) is leaking quite severely right where it connects to the engine. I have been trying to find a new one but haven’t been able to. Can anyone help me find one? I can get a copper one from any auto store but what are the dimensions I should look for? Length etc?
    thanks
    Alex
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by althedoc View Post
    Hi all
    i have a 1965 88, petrol engine. It has a dual smith oil/temp gauge and the oil pressure pipe (see picture) is leaking quite severely right where it connects to the engine. I have been trying to find a new one but haven’t been able to. Can anyone help me find one? I can get a copper one from any auto store but what are the dimensions I should look for? Length etc?
    thanks
    Alex
    I just did my dual gauge this weekend, and I love it! I purchased the Hard copper line kit, From John Craddocks. The line in your pic looks like a flexible line, you should plumb in a hard copper line with compression fitting, and there is a small gasket that goes in between the fitting and cap when installing before you tighten the cap. I am not sure of the line dimension, but is is larger than a typical line, check John Craddocks in UK, Order numbers for Craddocks, Copper tube fitting kit, JC841, and the Nylon kit is number JC840. I am sure our hosts have a fitting kit as they sell the gauge as well. Length is going to depend upon where you mount the gauge, and what side drive you have.
    Last edited by cedryck; 09-22-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks for the reply! I found one at pangolin4x4. Will try that and see.
    https://pangolin4x4.com/item/158

OK good. The one from Craddocks is 44 Pounds whatever that equates to in American dollars, Is the one from Ike long enough to reach your dash?

This is a genuine one for a S2 LR https://pablanchard.co.uk/Flex-Pipe-...e-Gauge-279785
    Part Number taken for 2.25 petrol from LR optional Equipment parts book (47054 dated 1965) for 2 and 2A but although the LR gauge was supplied by Smiths, not sure the end fittings are the same as yours