Thread: Installing new ignition switch

Thumbs up Installing new ignition switch

Hello everyone, hoping someone has had some experience replacing a late series ignition switch. I am changing out the ignition switch on my 71 Series IIa since the current one is failing. Any suggestions on where these wires should go on this aftermarket switch? Took a guess and labeled it in the image.
    Name:  Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 2.07.24 PM.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  64.1 KB

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks
    Last edited by ranchoblasto; 09-25-2020 at 05:58 PM.

I would personally use an ohm meter. Power has to come in on one pole, switch on, power to ignition and other stuff, turn light switch on and power will go out to lights. 4 wires? When the original started to fail on my 64, I was able to take it apart and repair it.
    1964 Series IIA 109

I have been told the original switch is for a diesel, which is strange since it is petrol...Correct 4 wires. Thanks for the help. I think I will just order a diesel switch to match what is currently going on. I guess if it is working I wont fight it!

https://www.roversnorth.com/parts/pl...series_iia_iii