Thread: Series 2a Solex Choke Cable

Default Series 2a Solex Choke Cable

New Series 2a owner here. I'm a couple weeks into this and I'm loving having this thing as my daily driver. However, it needs some love.

My truck has the Solex carb. The choke cable is trashed and inoperable. However, I'm not seeing a direct link to a replacement part for this carb anywhere.

However, looking at the cable for the Series 3 with a Zenith, we've got about the right length. Is there any reason why this cable wouldn't work on a LHD Series 2a with a Solex?

https://www.roversnorth.com/ProductI...ode=PLE844&eq=

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200930_130352.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	13461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200930_130346.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	13462

Should work fine, make the length correct, secure at carb, should work.

Quote Originally Posted by cedryck View Post
    Should work fine, make the length correct, secure at carb, should work.
    I figured as much. Just needed a quick sanity check. Thanks!

My only point is that the S3 cable will not operate the choke warning light switch fitted to a S2A with a Zenith , it would need the S3 switch RTC5816 should you want to retain the function

Quote Originally Posted by roverp480 View Post
    My only point is that the S3 cable will not operate the choke warning light switch fitted to a S2A with a Zenith , it would need the S3 switch RTC5816 should you want to retain the function
    Good point, but this is a S2A with a Solex. I'm still figuring out the lights on the dash, but I don't think there is a choke warning light.