Thread: Torrel Disc Brake Conversion Question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Torrel Disc Brake Conversion Question

Hello all,
    After a bit of research I decided to pull the trigger on the Torrel Disc Brake conversion kit for my 1970 Series IIa frame off restoration. I was very happy with the quality of the parts (although no longer shipped with calipers due to shipping costs, which isn't really an issue as most auto parts stores have the right ones) and the ease of install (instructions are great).

However, after completing the install I found that the rotors are slightly offset towards the outside causing the outer rotor edge to slightly rub on the outer brake pad. It appears to be about 1-2mm offset from dead center of the caliper. I've tried torquing the crap out of the hub nut thinking that the hub or bearing races might not have been fully settled, but it didnt really change anything.

Any thoughts or ideas? I've tried reaching out to Jeremy as well who is equally stumped. Appreciate any advice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201007_115526.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	13469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201007_121320.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	13470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201007_115517.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	13471