Thread: Clutch pipe routing and bracket location

Default Clutch pipe routing and bracket location

Hi I am rebuilding my left hand drive series 3 and can’t for the life of me figure out where the bracket goes. Does anyone have photos?

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clutch bracket.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	13483
    On my '73 Ser III 88" there is a solid hydraulic line from the M/C that goes along the back of the firewall over to the other side of the truck, then down to a bracket fixed to the inner fender. From there a flex line goes down to a bracket held to the block by two 5/16" bolts (½" head). That bracket is bolted to the block right behind the fuel pump sediment bowl. From that bracket it appears that another solid line runs above the bellhousing to the Slave Cyl on the other side. Kind of a convoluted path, but it works. Can barely see the bracket on the photo above

Thanks so much because mine is a left hand drive it will be different but I am going to go with a bracket on the side of the foot well. Just need to locate a bracket somewhere on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Preeve View Post
    Thanks so much because mine is a left hand drive it will be different but I am going to go with a bracket on the side of the foot well. Just need to locate a bracket somewhere on the block.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Landy Dash.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	13484

Mine is LHD as well, so bracket should be as I show in the earlier post.

If I remember correctly, the LHD truck I saw, had plastic clips that helped to hold the clutch pipe to the firewall.

Wow! That is a convoluted routing! Again thanks so much