Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clutch doesn't disengage?

I removed it from under the gear shift bracket, then put the bolts back in place to avoid losing them.

I take it the hydraulic line is not swelling when you step on the clutch?

The inspection plate on the bell housing was a help in diagnosis, thank you! The bearing is not stuck - it moves freely. The lever is firmly attached and the staple is in place at the bearing end. The actuator rod is centered and firmly attached by the staple to that end of the lever.

I removed, checked, and reinstalled the master, slave, and stainless braid flex line and then reverse-bled the lines until no air and reservoir is full. No leaks at any union. But still super soft pedal will not firm up, no movement at the actuator rod (and therefore the lever and bearing).
    Last edited by rayberne; 02-28-2022 at 10:55 AM.

The throw-out bearing is sitting on the fingers of the pressure plate. I can move it easily, but when released it comes back against the pressure plate. The actuator rod is fully "in" and may not be moving back out - which may explain why there is no pressure in the hydraulic system if it's not pushing against any resistance? Is this the normal resting state of the bearing? What normally pushes the rod against the slave cylinder?

if at rest you can spin the bearing this is right for you would not want that bearing turning ALL the time. when pedal is up the bearing should be free of the spinning fingers just a bit. The slave will only move the clutch a certain distance. There is no adjustment available nor necessary.
    I am not reading or mis-understanding your explanation with the word(s) "fully in" , and "released" (clutch actuated or not?)
    hopefully someone will get on here soon that figures it out but I believe you're getting close here. If you can discern just how far that rod moves it may be a clue.