Thread: Leaf Spring Plate Question

Default Leaf Spring Plate Question

Hello. I am preparing for my rolling chassis and I need to know for the front leaf spring plates which way they orient? I know, I know.... but Tom when you disassembled did you not take note? NO : ). I have seen very few pictures in detail and I need to know if the bit of welded on steel faces up or down? The one picture I had found shows it facing up (towards axle) but I also see how this can be reversed. Thanks, Tom
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0988.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	13886

Flange goes up, on the outboard side. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5EE0A9A5-09F3-4F32-982A-61A3B7F0EC41.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	13887

Another viewClick image for larger version. 

Name:	E6D71E9E-D659-4CD2-B76A-7A59FD235083.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	13888

Surely ,, it will only go on one way, as the curve on the opposite end to the damper pin will hit the spring , it has to curve away when fitted correctly

Hello. Thanks for the picture. Actually had a eureka moment this morning and figured out it can only face one way. Should have been more patient. Commence operation rolling chassis!