Thread: independent wiper motors

Default independent wiper motors

I am rebuilding the Independent wiper motors on my 2A, does anyone know of a source for the insulator washer that surrounds the + lead bolt, ?? It looks like a crown washer with an insulator inside it, will post pics later, This is the bolt that accepts the Positive lead, in the black insulating piece that fits nicely into the aluminum cover, (not the gear cover)., any help is appreciated, thanks lads,
    Cheers,

sorry i can't help but you might look in Hemmings motor news as there are people that rebuild a variety of items listed.

this place carries parts for the FW2 wiper motors

https://www.hnjengineering.co.uk/pag.../products.html
    '62 109 - coil sprung
    '64 88 - coil sprung

Quote Originally Posted by cedryck View Post
    I am rebuilding the Independent wiper motors on my 2A, does anyone know of a source for the insulator washer that surrounds the + lead bolt, ?? It looks like a crown washer with an insulator inside it, will post pics later, This is the bolt that accepts the Positive lead, in the black insulating piece that fits nicely into the aluminum cover, (not the gear cover)., any help is appreciated, thanks lads,
    Cheers,
    Must admit I am struggling to recognise the part you refer , look forward to seeing the pics.

If you can find a part number in the Parts Book, that would help. Those kinds of things get hidden away in the websites drop menus.

I would suggest P.A. Banchards.. Those guys have the most random things you don't find elsewhere. But if you can get a LR part number, that helps tremendously.

Next up is LR Direct, or John Craddock, Ltd. They have some good supplies of maintenance stuff.
    ...┌───────┬──,,
    ...|______OD__|__\\_____
    ...d ..__ .........° |°... | ..__....p
    »»└/ | \────┴──┴/ | \─┘≡
    ..../..@........................@

1973 Series 3, 109

Update, the part I described was a washer someone put on after the fact, not in the parts book not supposed to be there, I ordered the black rubber insulators, and will continue with the rebuild, thanks,

Sounds as though the washer was to isolate the lead from the motor case (earth) , correct rubber block does that job.