Thread: Brake fluid leaking at petal inside-servo /mc issue

Default Brake fluid leaking at petal inside-servo /mc issue

1972 LAND ROVER SERIES 3 88.
    RECENTLY REPLACED MY BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER DUE TO LEAK BETWEEN MASTER AND SERVO. SOON AFTER A VERY SMALLLEAK DEVELOPED BY THE BRAKE PEDAL ( DIRECTY BEHIND) LEAKING ONTO FLOOR BOARD. THE MASTER BRAKE CYLINDER SHOWS NOT SIGN OF ANY LEAKS AT THE UNIT. CHECKED THE CLUTCH FLUID LEVEL AND ALL IS GOOD. IF THE MASTER CYLINDER HAS A BAD SEAL CAN IT LEAK INTO THE SERVO AND THEN FIND ITS WAY TO THE BRAKE PETAL BOX? ITS ONE OF THOSE " I JUST PUT A NEW BRAKE MASTER IN IS IT REALLY BAD ALREADY" . ANY ADVICE WOULD BE SO HELPFULL.
    ps - THE LEAK IS SO SMALL BUT IMPORTANT I CAN NOT SEE THE MASTER CYLINDER FLUID GOING DOWN AT ALL.

No that cannot happen. If your m'cyl is leaking any fluid will appear on the engine side of the firewall. Only the early master cylinders will leak down the pedal.you'll want 2 check that fluid and see if it's "really" brake fluid. It is highly unlikely that it is; more likely that it'll b water....or spilled brake fluid from sloppy [sorry!!] filling of your reservoir.

Charles - thank you for your reply. I can only add that the fluid is not water and is brake fluild . If i do not have a falled MC or Servo the only thing that i can supect is the fluid might be from when my MC was bad. The brake fluid was dripping like a river when the MC failed ( probally due to me changing all wheel cylinders and bleeding the system a few times). And i admit durring the MC change the brake fliud did not behave itself. I did have all finish paint protected. I am going to use the rig and keep an eye on the brake fluid level. I will report back on the results for this issue. It does seem like a strange one.

The fluid I found in my footwell was from the clutch mc which had failed.

my clutch mc does that too, i've been adding to it for a while !!