Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: tires.. what are my options?

Default Deer Whistles

I thought those were a joke. I used to have a set on a car years ago and still had many dearly close misses. Ha!

If I'm not mistaken, my neck of the woods (Fairfield County CT) has one of the highest deer populations per square mile in the nation. During rutting season you would be hard pressed to not see one jump out in front of you at some point. We even have a family of them sleeping in our back yard most of the year and I have personally walked up to one as close as 20 feet before it decided to bolt. They are a true terror on the Merritt turnpike.

I guess this is what happens when you take up all of their land with homes and remove their natural predators.

Any way, are deer whistles actually any good?

Sorry for the hijack here folks.

A further Hi-Jack

It is not just putting homes in deer areas. Fairfield County and similar Counties outside of New York City have higher deer populations than the Catskil mountains. Because of fewer predators but also because we plant a lot of 'pretty' things that they LOVE to eat. It is also easier to move around in the winter on or near roads rather than through the deep woods.

Back to the thread... I just bought some Goodyear Workhorses for my Rover in Maine. Didn't get to take them off road yet too much but so far I really like them.

Brent

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith
    I thought those were a joke.
    I'm sure that there are some that don't work. But mine do. Dogs hate them too.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

I bought these tires years ago in Switzerland and have found them to be an excellant all around tire. Quite on the and grippy on wet tarmac and good in the mud. I may try to ship a couple of sets over. They are 750x16. SeeLink.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN