Thread: '81 Range Rover 2-door 3.5, LT-95, OD, Wood & Pickett, Graymarket, needs light resto

Default '81 Range Rover 2-door 3.5, LT-95, OD, Wood & Pickett, Graymarket, needs light resto

Hi all
    I'm reluctantly selling my Rangy, & after a submission to BaT was denied recently, I figured I would post it here before it goes to a broker.
    As the title suggests, this is a real 2-door LHD model (pre-USA spec), which originally went to a buyer in France.
    Prior to delivery it went to Wood & Pickett in London & had a body & interior conversion including fender flares, side panels, air dam, bull-bar, color to black, recaros, all veneer trim panels, Wolfrace alloys, etc, etc, it was high-end.
    At the time it also had a very comprehensive rustproofing, & I have all of the original documentation for that, & more.
    Presently it's in running condition & driveable, except the tires aren't roadworthy.
    Due to the rustproofing & the conditions it was in during its life, body/tub rust is minimal, all resultant from water inside (scuttle leak, AC evap, seal leaks), sections in the front floors & the right rear, easily repaired.
    The rear window frame is toast as well, as is typical.
    The chassis & running gear is all solid, having no more than normal light surface rust in some areas.
    It needs a comprehensive cosmetic restoration to do it justice, it has had at least 3 resprays, each with high-build primers, so it needs to be stripped to metal, which is all in good condition.
    The interior is in poor condition, the leather is all cracked, veneer's peeling, headliner droopy, carpets nasty, sunroof leaks, etc, etc.
    This is a project that will take some dedication & investment to bring back to it's former glory but results are having a very unique Range Rover when done.
    Reason for selling, I've been driving my old 66 SWB for 45 years now & was going to do the Rangy up as an upgrade vehicle, ie it's fast, comfortable, smooth, quiet, precise, somewhat stylish, has power brakes & steering, AC, stereo, all of the things that a Landy isn't/doesn't have, but at this point in my life I can't afford the time & $$ necessary to do it justice, so it's time to find it a new home.
    I have some spares, misc removed bits, & some original equipment as well.
    I have a very detailed description available on request, & I also have over 100 photos, detailing all of the flaws.
    It's in SE Florida, an hour north of WPB on the coast, has been in dry indoor storage for around 10 years.
    $7500 buys it, no negotiations & serious inquiries only please.
    I encourage a pre-buy inspection so you know exactly what it is, I'm 10 minutes from Witham Field, & 10 minutes east of I-95 if driving.
    Thanks & send an email if you're seriously interested, & I'll send the detailed description & specific photos requested (they're big & I can only send so many @ a time).
    Glen in Florida

photo added, you can't see it but the paint is badly cracking/peeling, & the right side looks better than the left, the flares have been removed.
    Name:  shop feb24 range rover 039.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  83.5 KB
    Last edited by fubog; Yesterday at 12:28 PM.