Thread: 1971 Series 2A Muffler and Tailpipe fit

Default 1971 Series 2A Muffler and Tailpipe fit

I am looking at replacing the exhaust muffler and tailpipe on 1971 2A. Looks like I have 2 options, Proline PLC 587 or Britpart left side outlet. Anyone have any experience with the fit of either one ? I do not want the outlet to damage my nice Land Rover mudflap. Thanks

The regular mudflaps are not influenced by the stock muffler arrangement.
    As a side note: I still have a OEM muffler for my S3, been on the shelf for 30? years!

Except that there is a tri-y header for better performance

yea, i guess the headers worked ok but i never pushed the engine to the point i'd notice a difference, besides i was pretty young then!!, My one owner (me) S3 is due for another overhaul and i'd like to have headers, maybe modern ignition (oem under seat! )) over drive ....... and a few things but i guess i'll have to round up a capstan winch somewhere and carry 75 ft. of rope?