Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: will rear 109 springs fit on a 88?

Galen,

You must already be a member...
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

I drove over 700 miles round trip to MAR and was comfortable the whole way and I didn't even have a roof on to add weight.

I do have seats that a PO put in from another car (no idea what kind) and they do make a big difference. If I had stock seats it would probably be a lot worse.

Im looking at my old springs and it looks like I can save them with a little work.Plus if I put the 109 hd springs on it will raise the body too high and I looking to keep the stock look.I paid $100 for the springs and $125 for the shipping.If anyone wants them PM me.Im in CT

I am running 109 1-ton rear springs and 109 station wagon front springs.

Even with no roof, it articulates off-road (better than I expected, actually).

I had this set up for my North Africa expedition, and never took them off.

By the way, I was the only one (except the 101, but he had major shock problems) with no suspension issues the entire trip...

If they were cheap and you have them in hand, you might as well try them out. I think you will be fine.
    Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular

For what it is worth there used to be a lot of people in 88"s running around with 109 springs under them. I've seen a fair # of them so I guess if you want to try them out -why not? I think a lot of people did it in the 70's and 80's as a HD upgrade of sorts.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums