Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice Week On the Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian1976
    They should be very visible inside unless you have the original padding that was on the inside of some of the doors...
    And the same goes for the seam of the roof and window. You may have a piece of interior trim there which would block your access to the main bolts. Just add a few minutes more (and a flathead screwdriver) for the job of removing your roof, if you have all the trim in place.

If it is the first time you've ever removed it, make sure you have a buddy with you. Previous owners have been known to use silicone to seal the roof to the body and some heavy pulling might be in order the first time through. You might want your buddy anyway even if the roof has been off before because they can be a bit awkward for one, when you are lifting it off the truck. Once it's off, you should be able to pick it up with one hand. It's just when you are bending over your tail gate and trying not to rip the roof lining or dent anything that is a bother.

Cheers,
    Tim

yeah luckily my truck has zero inside trim, except for some aluminum-lined insulation in the roof, so I don't have to get under any trim to get the top off. makes it easy

as a sidenote, which trucks did/didn't have interior trim on the doors? Did the basic tailgate configuration have any interior trim? (I ask because I think the old gray '65 I have is 100% original and does not have the trim - so was wondering if that's correct)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian1976
    yeah luckily my truck has zero inside trim, except for some aluminum-lined insulation in the roof, so I don't have to get under any trim to get the top off. makes it easy

as a sidenote, which trucks did/didn't have interior trim on the doors? Did the basic tailgate configuration have any interior trim? (I ask because I think the old gray '65 I have is 100% original and does not have the trim - so was wondering if that's correct)
    I don't know but there is always the POT's when it comes to these trucks. I have an air-portable with a hard top. I don't think air-portables were supposed to have hard tops...

I also have a 109 regular that came from S.A. and served for the British. It has a pickup top (with the trim bits) that *was* bright yellow and said "Crowders" in bright green on the front. Some how I don't think the military used it in that configuration.

Lots of fun all around.

Cheers,
    Tim