Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you tow your Series LR?

$140 at u-haul, i reinforce the bumper bolt on parts with some angle iron to the frame. put it in 4th w/ transfer case in neutral and i try to keep it under 70 mph. when wiring the 4 flat type i had to switch the brake and turn signals
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

I've also flat-towed with a tow bar. Only went about 100 miles but don't think a longer tow would be a problem so long as the tow rig is up to it. Good tires on the Series, plenty of lube in the diffs and gear boxes, 4th gear in the tranny and neutral in the transfer case. Would consider disconnecting the rear drive shaft if I was going 1000 miles though I don't really know if it is really an advantage. Tow rig was my buds Whipple charged Chevy Z-71. It didn't even seem to notice the Rover behind it.

Jeff
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

I've seen a truck with locking hubs front and back. When I asked what the back ones were for, the fellow pointed at the tow bar and it all made sense to me.

Seemed like an easy way to unlock everything but I was concerned about the wheel bearings and oil getting to them on long tows...

Cheers,
    Tim