Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Want Another One

Default I Want Another One

Man, I haven't even started on the gray Rover yet but there's another red '65 that's in great shape for cheap (very cheap) that is tempting me. This is a disease

I feel your pain. My buddy and I have our eyes on a Series III that's been sitting unmoved for quite some time. What we'd do with another Rover when it's all we can do to keep our 2 Series 2s running I don't know. I still jones for it every time I drive by and see it just sitting there.

Jeff
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

running? the object of owning these is to keep 'em running?
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

this one is a classic '65 that was put out to field in '81 or so because of a bad second gear. everything else is totally original and it's red....

always wanted a red one

Another Series owner is born! It warms the heart

Yeah, I know the feeling. I got the Triumph so that I didn't have to buy two more Land Rover! I would have had five! Of course with five Rovers and only two running it gets harder to justify your sanity. The Triumph makes it a little easier. They say, "Yep, it's a classic. I see why you got it." With the Rover it's more like, "What the hell do you need another one for? Now I KNOW you're crazy."

Besides that, I felt like I needed to diversify. And I still know where a few more Rovers are

For me, buying another broken down Land Rover is taking something that someone else has given up on and bringing it back to life. I think that appeals to all Rover owners. And I believe it was a philosophy of the early Land Rover company. Every part is replaceable; everything can be repaired.
    Last edited by jp-; 08-23-2007 at 09:03 AM.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Hey as long as you have room to put it then grab it! I've missed out in the past- one was an early series 3 with 20k original miles- beautiful shape overall- just a bad frame horn. I didn't ask about it because I figured the owner would want too much for it- later I found out he'd have given it to me, instead it got crushed.

So if you see one and it sparks your interest ask about it! If you have room to store it snag it!
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

I already have a mid-grey one that needs full refurb (but is totally original) and this would be the same thing. Totally original (minus seat box) w/ a better frame - cheap. Ugh

I should just be happy w/ my running Limestone, shouldn't I? lol

Default here is a red one

1967 MGB convertible
    1966 SIIa 88 Softop Perkins Prima Powered
    1964 SIIa 109 Rosenbauer TLF
    1976 1ton Rapier missle Sankey trailer
    1996 BMW 1100 GS

wanted ! 107 wagon / 110 wagon v8 or 300tdi

lol it's a poppy red tailgate/hatch configuration (w/ deluxe hood somehow)

hmm just found out it was sold. that's too bad. is the person that bought it on this board by chance?

this was it...