Thread: Another fuel problem

Default Another fuel problem

I have a 73 SIII petrol. If I let the rover sit for for a while I need to prime the carb to get it running. Once it starts it runs fine. This vehicle is in the proces of being restored. As far as the fuel system the tank was replaced by the previous owner (inspected and looks fine). I replaced all the fuel lines and filter. I removed the draw tube and found the sceen was bad. I retrofitted a screen which included a check valve. When I get the truck going it seems to run fine with good power as far as I can tell being my first rover (not on the road yet so it has only a couple trips around the neighborhood). What could be causing the need to prime the vehicle each time I run it after sitting a short while?
    Second question. Originally the truck had a charcoal evaporative system on the tank. It was missing the unit on the bulkhead it only had the tubes and canister in the drivers side back wheelwell. I removed all this and blanked off the supply. Is there anything else I need to do?
    Thanks
    Bob

If your carb is loosing its prime, look no further than that. What carb are you running? Take the top of the carb off prior to firing up and check the fuel level in the bowl to ensure low fuel. It can be low level due to poorly adjusted floats or a leak.

Jeff
    64 SIIa 109 all stock
    69 SIIa 88 all stock
    Old tractors
    New Harleys
    Old trucks

The carb is a Zenith 361 V.