Thread: Waxoyl season is upon us!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Waxoyl season is upon us!

Condolences to autumn, the season of salt-covered roads is knocking at our doors here in Vermont.

Looking ahead at our cold forecast, I've decided it's time to prepare my recently acquired 109" military for the inevitably brutal Vermont winter by treating my Rover with a coating of Waxoyl. I prefer Waxoyl to rubberized undercoating, which has a tendency to crack and/or bubble, trapping moisture under the bubbles against the chassis, causing a worse situation than having not sprayed the vehicle with any undercoating.

The first step will be to power wash the undercarriage and let it dry out overnight in the garage. I'm going to store the Waxoyl at room temperature overnight to keep it nice and fluid. The next day, I'll use a wire brush to scrape away any corrosion that is willing to co-operate at being removed by hand.

Next, I'll spray insides the chassis rails and any body cavities I can access using the clear Waxoyl(RNW5003/RNW5004), followed by spraying the remainder of the underside with the Waxoyl Hardwax(RNW5005/RNW5006)-sans fuel and exhaust systems.

To learn more about Waxoyl, here are some links to the products I'll be using:

Waxoyl-hardwax-underbody-5-litre-tin

Waxoyl-hardwax-underbody-500ml-aerosol

Waxoyl-rust-inhibitor-clr-5-litre-tin

Waxoyl-rust-inhibitor-clr-500ml-aerosol

Feel free to ask me any questions about Waxoyl.

Have a great day,

Mike Koch
    1978 Series III 109" military(driven daily)
    Last edited by Mike Koch; 11-02-2006 at 10:30 AM.