Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats a fair price and am I crazy?

Wow, this board is awesome. you guys are enthusiastic and active. I appreciate all the replies. I have decided to pass on rolling the dice with this one, but I have learned a ton in the process. Thanks for all the opinions. I will find the right one, but Im going to take my time. Thanks again.

Series Rovers and Boats are very similar in it is usually much easier and cost effective to purchase one at a decent price that has been refurbished by the previous owner. A little more $$ on the front end will most likely be cheaper in the long run. I have two Series and both are in good overall condition but they do require to be maintained. Not surprising as one is 45 year old and the other 35.

Good luck finding the one thats right for you. If you find another one that you think would work for you look for rust everywhere first. The ones that have had no servicing tend to have the original frame. Spend a little extra to get one where the galvanized chassis and the bulkhead (firewall area) have been done. The rest of the Rover is not rediculous to purchase and can be serviced with a Haynes book and by referencing the GREEN BIBLE. But thats for another thread.

As far as for everything else. Part of the nostalgia of being the owner of one of these things is the original look. It drives the women crazy. (at least the ones your married too..... )

I have seen some that have perfect paint, met more who say they're planning on painting it soon, but the majority drive them the way they are. It's a Rover thing...

Last but not least, dont spend up to your last dime to buy one because, you will need some cash weekly/monthly to keep it going.

If you really want to see some of these up close, go to Don Fryes event this month on the 22nd and 23rd if your anywhere near MA.
    Tim M.
    Ashburnham, MA