Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freshly towed home '64 IIa 88 NEED HELP

Quote Originally Posted by alligatorfoot
    **Also, when I field test it in a few days do I need to double clutch?** I know this sounds stupid to ask but I am learning as I go. Thanks
    I forgot to respond to this part of your post earlier, I was too busy needling Scott...

Yes I double clutch on the downshifts, particularly down to 2nd from 3rd, and down to 1st from 2nd. Like Scott mentioned earlier there are no synchros between 1 & 2. Even though there are syncs between the other gears my 43 year old box seems to catch a tooth or 3 or 10 on downshifts if I'm too quick. So I usually go ahead and double clutch on the downshifts between whatever. My tranny seems to like it.

J
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

Welcome aboard the Series train! If we can be of help we will be.
    Jim

Thank you for all of the encouragement and advice. I am really psyched about getting my hands on this and finding the forum. I have the extinguisher and will start on the wiring this weekend (first just rehooking up everything, then drive a little (half a dozen miles) to see what surprises surface, then oil and tranny fluid change, new harnesses, ...). Guys in my neighborhood are drooling, wives don't get it (although thankfully mine does).

Thank you for all of the encouragement and advice. I am really psyched about getting my hands on this and finding the forum. I have the extinguisher and will start on the wiring this weekend (first just rehooking up everything, then drive a little (half a dozen miles) to see what surprises surface, then oil and tranny fluid change, new harnesses, ...). Guys in my neighborhood are drooling, wives don't get it (although thankfully mine does).

Quote Originally Posted by alligatorfoot
    Thank you for all of the encouragement and advice. I am really psyched about getting my hands on this and finding the forum...
    Here is a little piece of advice. Hitting the submit button twice won't get you out of low range any faster. LOL

Welcome aboard!