Thread: 20"+ Aftermarket Rims

Default 20"+ Aftermarket Rims

Hello,

I am a newb on this forum, but I did use the search function first. I can't find information on getting 20"+ rims on my 1995 Defender 90. Apparently they are not made for my lug pattern. I have tried finding another Land Rover with a hub that fits my bearing races and has a bolt pattern that 20" + rims are made for. There is no such part in the US that I can find. Does anyone out there know how I can get this to work? I guess I can get a machine shop to make 4 hubs for my truck and have the lug pattern match the rim I want. But I don't know about that. I have heard of an "adapter plate," but on this site there is only a spacer for different offset rims and it keeps the same bolt pattern. Thanks for your help.

Sorry but most people who are Defender enthusiasts would puke at the thought of such silly rims on a 90. I doubt you will find an answer here. I'd advise selling the 90 and buying an H2.

Go to Discoweb.org and post, they can probably help you out there....
    Jason T.

Default I second the H2

Put me down for sell D90 and buying the H2.
    I fact how much do you want ???? It will get a great rover loving home
    david
    69 Lightweight
    With Rover V8
    Does a body good

Awe shucks! I wish he would have taken my advise and gone to DWeb. The responses could keep me entertained for weeks!
    Jason T.

Thanks for all the help... Actually this question was for my brother-in-law and I don't believe he plans on using it for the conventional purposes of most people on this forum. I understand the comments. Its like someone trying to chrome up a DSM. (90-99 Eclipse) I have one and definitely understand where you are coming from. We only care about HORSEPOWER, so no 19" chrome rims or flashy accessories on my 400HP awd car . Anyway, he found his answer and a supplier.

What was the answer and supplier?

Default A link for the interested...

The answer is yes it can be done for about $600-$800. http://www.skulte.com/product_info.php/products_id/82

Default Remind me

To boycott this company.
    The good news someone will get a nice clean D90 when this guy sell it for the next COOL thing.
    Have him call me
    I have a fund for LRs have to have
    david
    69 Lightweight
    With Rover V8
    Does a body good