Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my two cents

Default my two cents

I am on both sides of the fence with the existence of this forum.

While we here at RN aren't hyperenthusiastic about navigation and audio...perhaps others are?

My two cents: My Land Rover has no radio and never will. Rand McNally is my navigation system.

Mike

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Quote Originally Posted by kochykoch

While we here at RN aren't hyperenthusiastic about navigation and audio...perhaps others are?

My two cents: My Land Rover has no radio and never will. Rand McNally is my navigation system.

Mike
    Totally agree with your opinion. Keep it simple.

However, there are techno-gurus that thrive on digital information and would love to have it all. Example...

http://homepage.mac.com/dmonckton/La...toAlbum12.html
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

I use a Garmin GPS 76 and a Fugawi program on a laptop......for my sailboat

for the Discovery a map and compass will do............
    regards; Dave
    A 1997 Discovery guy from

I have GPS directions through my cell phone and having to have to move a lot - it has kept me from divorce court (since I don't stop and ask for directions & I don't get lost).
    00 DISCO II

Actually, just because of the dichotomy of it, I thought about building and installing one of those in-vehicle PC's into the Series.......

Then decided nah, I'll just stick w/ the Garmin on the dash.....
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Koch

Mike
    rand mcnally wont keep you from driving off of this in the middle of the night. if it wasn't for my gps i might have. the road ends there........

Last edited by nosivad_bor; 10-31-2006 at 08:56 PM.

Stephen99D1 Guest

Default With inflation, should it be more than $0.02?

This category of the BB may not see much use, but it doesn't hurt to have it here. There are some pages of DWeb that don't see much action, but where I've found good information on such things as camping gear. Series owners may not see much use for this page, but Disco and Classic owners might.

Though I must ask that the line be drawn on a forum that features 20+ inch rims, chrome, and other such "bling"... oh the horror, imagine a IIA 109 lowered with 22" spinners... the Escalade crowd can keep that stuff!

With inflation, should it be more than $0.02?

Actually - according to ABC last night, much more than $0.02. With price of metal now, you get much more melting the pennies down than the value of the coin itself - but thats illegal now.
    00 DISCO II

Default Copper vs Zinc

The US penny has been made out of 97.6% zinc and 2.4% copper since 1982... so if your looking for more value you need to melt down the 1962-1982 pennies. I wonder if you exported them to Canada and melted them down here... would that still be illegal?

Folks in the backwoods around here have taken to burning the insulation off of wiring and selling the copper out of it, or stealing transformers for the metals, too... mostly in the *really* rural areas....
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD