Thread: Sill Protection?

Default Sill Protection?

Can anyone tell me if the sill protectors for a SWB totally replace the existing aluminum sills? These are the ones with jacjking points and are galvanised.
    Any feed back would be great. My existing sills are getting pretty battered and patched up!

Yes they do completely replace the sills and in my opinion are well worth having especially with the jacking points. FWIW I plan on putting on a pair as soon as I get some other issues dealt with.
    Jim

thumb-up sliders

Check out Ike Goss's site

www.pangolin4x4.com

He makes his own sliders and once had an article on how-to as he went through the project. I sure that he would like to sell them but if you contact him he might forward you his how-to plans.

Cheers

Default Rovers North Sill Protectors

These are my favorite sill protectors(galvanized with jacking points):

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-5246-sill-protectors-88-series-iia-iii-pair.aspx

Mike Koch
    Mike Koch

1993 Range Rover SWB
    "Backup car? Why would I need a backup car? My car backs up just fine."

Ike's, being custom built, will take awhile to get. However, he can build it however you want it. Jacking points or not, side recovery points or not, contoured ends or not, etc. He even has a sill-mimicking version. They are built to *your* spec; but when you order, you get put onto the job-list, and will be waiting while he works through the current list to get down to you....

If you want them quick, go with the RN ones. Especially if they happen to be what you want. But if you want something different and can wait, you could consider Ike's.

Another consideration is shipping: if you're in New England, you could about pop by RN and pick them up, whereas you'll have to pay for shipping from Oregon. Covnersely, though, if you're on the Pacific coast, you could get to Ike's and get them instead of shipping across the continent. Just something to think about.
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

I like the way that Mike's look! Are they just as easy as they look to install? Any drilling required?
    As far as shipping goes I'm in western Canada so it is always a factor.