Thread: Reset check engine light...2000 Disco

Default Reset check engine light...2000 Disco

I have owned a 2000 Disco since brand new. It has been a love hate relationship since brand new. Although the last 40000 miles have been a pleasant experience. Land Rover worked all the bugs out within the first 58000 miles....! I just threw a check engine light to my dismay. Long story short... I found that my gas cap was not tightened properly....after a mini tune up. HOW DO YOU RESET THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT? I do not want to return to the dealership...we dont git along! I there a way to reset it easily?

You should be able to go to Autozone and borrow their code reader. It will clear the code for you.

Default Garage Fix?

Is there any way to reset the check engine light from my own garage?

THX for any help from the Land Rover Community!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but you have to buy a OBDII code reader, like the one at Autozone. There isn't a series of functions you can do in your vehicle, or button to push. It has to be done by a computer.

Default Thanks

Thanks, they were able to reset the light. And better yet it was free. And thanks for the free advice!!!!!