I have not been on this forum in a long time. Sorry!
I would like to answer the last question posted.

The tilt hood does not need to spread wide to close, it's the location of the front hinge that matters. If the hinge is on the same level as the lowest part of the back of the hood then it will not need to clear the bulkhead because it doesn't reach the bulkhead until it's closed.

On the cooling. I have absolutely no problem with cooling not having a mechanical engine driven fan. In fact I never took off my Rovers North Radiator Muff this summer, I only opened it. Having a shroud designed for the radiator makes a huge difference because all of the air pulled by the fan must go through the radiator, also the fact that this is not a thirty five year old radiator really helps. If the outside temp is not very hot I can leave my house, get on the highway, get up to speed (70-80+) and it often takes more than 10 miles before the fans come on. Another benefit of not having a mechanical engine fan is the ability to switch it off while in deep water.
If my Rover were still stock I believe I would still fit an electrical fan with shroud but I would also make sure the radiator was in more than just good condition.