Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rover Addiction in Full Swing

Default Rover Addiction in Full Swing

Well, I purchased another one - thanks to yet another friendly board member. I've dreamed of having a blue SWB station wagon since I first got into Rovers so I could do something similar to this ECR one...

http://www.eastcoastrover.com/85.html

looks like I'll be getting my chance. I towed it home yesterday.

Nothing like the Rover community. It really is the nicest group of people I've encountered in the automotive world....

Last edited by Bostonian1976; 10-21-2007 at 05:30 PM.

Looks like a great starter to build something incredible. I am jealous as I wish I could get my 88 finished. Then I want a 109 P/U.
    Jim

Nothing that a little elbow grease won't take care of. good luck on the find.

Default Nice!

Looks like a nice, complete vehicle to start with. May need a new rear cross member, tires, brakes, exhaust.....sounds like fun!
    Jason T.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason T.
    May need a new rear cross member, tires, brakes, exhaust.....sounds like fun!
    Jason T.
    I accidently got into this not realizing it was a hobby for the wealthy. As much as I enjoyed the ECR restoration link all I could see was DOLLAR SIGNS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason T.
    Looks like a nice, complete vehicle to start with. May need a new rear cross member, tires, brakes, exhaust.....sounds like fun!
    Jason T.
    yeah - frame is pretty solid (at least compared to my gray one) but the outriggers are shot and it'll need new floors, etc. and i'll probably need a new whole frame soon

I'd really love to end up w/ this....

Jim, I'll keep your info on file, I building a 109 P/U now and am getting really tired of trying to get help. Everyone wants $20 an hour to stand around and watch me work & may hand me a tool if i describe it well enough. Plus the price of parts are exceeding what complete trucks are selling 4 at the moment. I have 5 units and a 14x40 parts room full of parts... I think that is not approiate to discuss sales on this forum.. I'm just getting really discouraged with prices and am getting ready to pack the whole bag....
    sorry for the rant........................donnie :-(

Looks like the one I found in the junkyard a few weeks ago.

Guess I better go make sure it is still there.

Great find! I have been looking for an original station wagon for a while (off and on) to add to my collection of future restores. If you dont mind posting, where did you find that one?

Quote Originally Posted by enovey
    Great find! I have been looking for an original station wagon for a while (off and on) to add to my collection of future restores. If you dont mind posting, where did you find that one?
    one of the members of another board had it sitting around and wanted to get rid of it, so we made a deal and I picked it up (lucky for me he lives a half hour south of me). It was just one of those things that worked out really well - I've been looking for a SW for a long time too, but it never seemed to work out before
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces