Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch Woes!

Would a large diameter cotter pin work? or at least until I can get the correct clevis pin? Also, do you often see both pins shearing at the same time?
    Alex Jones
    Atmore, Al
    '64 SIIA 88
    '79 MB 240D daily driver
    '80 MB 240D donor
    '59 MB 190D "rutso-ration in progress"
    '00 Chevy Silverado 4x4 "rescue vehicle"
    "Glad I ain't haze grey and underway!"

no. the clevises are available from our hosts or any of the other suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by ajones
    Would a large diameter cotter pin work? or at least until I can get the correct clevis pin? Also, do you often see both pins shearing at the same time?
    A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."

Quote Originally Posted by daveb
    both accessible from outside.
    i just got out from under mine and i can't see that inboard pin. how would you go about accessing it? there's another of us out there, jeff, aka badvibes, that can move his slave linkage by hand having the sleeve rotate with the linkage. this seems to indicate that the inboard pin is gone.
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

Default get me up to speed...

Quote Originally Posted by scott
    i just got out from under mine and i can't see that inboard pin. how would you go about accessing it? there's another of us out there, jeff, aka badvibes, that can move his slave linkage by hand having the sleeve rotate with the linkage. this seems to indicate that the inboard pin is gone.
    To get up to speed. I too was driving around, pull up to a light, maybe "felt" something give. Try to pull away from the light and no clutch. Had to restart the truck in gear and was able to drive home by shifting without the clutch. Tranny seems to shift fine with the truck not running. Replaced the clutch slave and a "weeping" flex line to the slave. Still no workee. Have @ 1/2" of travel in the lever arm I can move with my fingers. The 1st pin I can feel and seems to be holding the sleeve, it moves with the lever arm as I move it with my fingers. It looks to me like to access the 2nd pin which I suspect is broken/missing I would have to pull the tranny. Here's a bad diagram trying to show what I'm talking about.

Jeff
    Last edited by badvibes; 09-24-2009 at 10:29 AM.
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

It's a tight fit, but you don't have to pull the transmission. You just have to work around the boot that goes into the bell housing.

With the cotter pin out of the clevis, I have pulled out the second pin with needle nose pliers.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

jp-

Thanks for the reply. I'll spend some more time under the truck.

Jeff

1991 Range Rover Hunter

Default uh,

breaking news flash!

SERIES LAND ROVER FLOORS ARE REMOVABLE!!

full story at 11

we now return to our regularly scheduled programming

dave

Quote Originally Posted by badvibes
    jp-

Thanks for the reply. I'll spend some more time under the truck.

Jeff
    A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."

Default OK maybe I deserve it...

Quote Originally Posted by daveb
    breaking news flash!

SERIES LAND ROVER FLOORS ARE REMOVABLE!!

full story at 11

we now return to our regularly scheduled programming

dave
    dude! I've got a broken Rover and you have to do it like that? Thought a guy would get a little sympathy around here. Guess I better go pull the floorboards out.

Jeff

1991 Range Rover Hunter