Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1970 Series IIa

SwampRat,

There is a Zenith carb on this rover. My dad bought it from the original owner in 1985, and has now passed it down to me. It has been sitting about 4 or 5 years and now I am trying to gradually do things to it. I've replaced the waterpump, fuel pump, gas tank, cleaned the carb and put a spin on oil adapter on it. It is all original except for what was metioned above. I have all the original paperwork including the documents/invoice of when it was ordered and shipped to the united states when it was purchased new by the previous owner. My dad payed $800 dollars for it when he purchased his farm from the previous owner in which the rover was used on. It runs good now for the most part but just want to facelift it a little. I'm not sure if I'm going to paint it b/c I think the paint job now adds character, but may choose to in the future. I plan on adding safari racks/roof tent in the near future. Here is a side view of the rover.

Last edited by yarborc; 10-24-2007 at 07:35 PM.

I'm with U on the paint. My 67 109 rhd 2 door came from Calif & looks about like yours with original paint , frame has never been touched, colors are faded but it has much class IMO, anyway, I have no desire to paint it. I prefer the patina,??? 4 a more descriptive term.....Donnie

A rust free southern truck without dents, missing parts, and previous owner molestation for 800$.....your making grown men cry Chad. My son is restoring a 70 88, he must do the entire frameover. Good to see another series in the area.

My truck smokes until it gets to temp, may be nothing. I would follow greenmeanie's advice and do a compression check. It' will rule out a head gasket problem and give an idea of the engines overall health. Carbon on valve seats can also cause some symptoms. These things were designed for leaded fuel. Rev the engine and sprinkle water down the carb throat. I will sputter but don't let it die. Sometimes this will clean things up.

There is a group going to Uwharrie this weekend. I don't know any of them, but it's not far from you. You might could get some hands on help.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie
    I'm with U on the paint. My 67 109 rhd 2 door came from Calif & looks about like yours with original paint , frame has never been touched, colors are faded but it has much class IMO, anyway, I have no desire to paint it. I prefer the patina,??? 4 a more descriptive term.....Donnie
    I 2nd this!!!!
    I don't care if my wife wants it painted I like it the way it is!!!

Default that's what I'm talking about

Couple of nice looking trucks! I like a restored rig as much as the next guy but there's just something about a Series that still looks like it gets used, because it does, that gets my blood going.

J
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

Allways park in the sun and give her baths with a brillo pad and you can achieve that patina your looking for fairly quick, even with new paint.