Thread: International HS2.8L Engine

From Vermont, right now I am still traveling from west to east and back every year

Default International HS2.8L Engine

Has anyone put the International HS2.8L Engine into their Rover. I am thinking about converting my thirsty, dirty 3.9 to a diesel that i can use bio diesel in. I have heard about the 2.8 and it sounds like a pretty nice moter. Just wondering if anyone has any experence with this motor or any other deisel which I could get my hands on?

it is apparently tough to get parts for them in the states, other than that I have heard only good things. I got a price quote from a place in england for the motor and kit to put a rover R380 behind it, tranny not included they wanted $10,000

Quote Originally Posted by CliftonRover
    it is apparently tough to get parts for them in the states, other than that I have heard only good things. I got a price quote from a place in england for the motor and kit to put a rover R380 behind it, tranny not included they wanted $10,000

Wow. Wish there was a 1500 dollar option...

:-)

JB