Thread: Transmission issue

Default Transmission issue

I'm noticing a very brief jumpiness in the transmisison when shifting between 2-3. Fluid and filter were changed at about 60K. THe stutter is like the trans is trying to decide which gear is needed. This is when I'm accelerating and the throttle position is of a light load. I can't afford hard acceleration. Any ideas where I should start looking before the expensive answer becomes apparent?

Default transmission

I have an 01 disco and it had about 75000 miles, and i thought i had a tranny problem because it was shifting back and forth like it didn't know which gear it needed to be in, and it ended up being the throttle body sensor

Thanks! wouldn't have thought of that on my own. Ho does one check a throttle body sensor for good/bad? Anyone know?