Thread: Trip Odometer Runs while in Park

Default Trip Odometer Runs while in Park

OK, I have been trying to hunt down a small electrical short for some time, I have learned a lot and fixed a few things along the way... until the other day, I turned on the ignition (hearing the normal pump running sound -fuel pump coming up to pressure or something I guess [not the air-compressor for the suspension, it's manual currently]) and with out starting the Rover, I notice the trip odometer running... it put on almost a mile standing still in the driveway, before the pump or what ever shut off and the trip odometer stopped.

Is this normal, has anyone had this problem or do I just forget it ever happen and go have a beer?

Rod
    94 County LWB

Jeeze Rod reminds me of some words from an old song;

take a trip without leavin the farm

Hope you get it worked out............
    regards; Dave
    A 1997 Discovery guy from

Default ...and the Dashboard came out...

Well, I have been avoiding taking the dash out to look for gremlins but that is the only place left I have left to look... I have to replace the heater core anyway, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do (a cold wife ain't a good thing)... I'll get around to fixing it one day and let everyone know what was up, should be good for a laugh.

Rod