Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Post - A few questions...

Default 1st Post - A few questions...

Hello all. First time Rover owner. Recently bought a '71 Series IIa. Just wanted to know if anyone could point me towards a few sites for multiple parts such as hoses, etc.

My other question involves the speedometer. The glass is broken out on both the speedometer and the fuel/oil gauge. Will this be something I can replace just the glass or will I need to find an entire new cluster?

thanks!
    Nick

EDIT: here are some pics....

Here you can see the back fender is bent in as well as a bit of the cross member....trying to figure out if I could have a body shop fix it best they could or just find a new fender and cross memer. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited by NC Rover; 12-19-2007 at 07:09 PM.
    1971 Series IIa Hybrid: 2.5L MILSPEC 5-Main Bearing Engine|Turner Engineering Performance Head w/ oversized hardened steel valves & phase shift/increased lift cam|LT77 Tranny/LT230 Transfer Case|11mm Ignition Wires/Super Coil|Jacobs Ignition/Petronix Ignitor|D90 Axles|Galvy Frame|Old Man Emu Coils|Cust Rear/Side Fuel Tanks|Cust Drive Shafts|

Our hosts Rovers North should be able to help with most parts. Or there are many UK sites, but shipping and duty are issues.

There are also places around the rebuild gauges and may be able to send the glass. Though if it all has to come apart to replace the glass then I would just have it re-built. I would check and see if it looks like the glass comes off at the front or if the entire thing has to come apart. If it just comes off at the front then have a local glass shop make some up.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any of the places that rebuild gauges but I am sure that someone will chime in.

Brent
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Once they gauge clusters are removed from the truck the bezels can be twisted of by turning them through something less than 1/8 turn. It is a bayonet type arrangement. The glass is quite thin, more like the thickness used in picture frames. There is also a gasket ring seal to keep moisture out.

If the bezel isn't rusted on it's quite an easy job.

Cheers
    Gregor

Here you go http://www.nisonger.com/

They do good work.

should be able to go to a glass shop. might be able to cut one for you.
    if not i may have a spare piece for you..
    www.singingcamel.com

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie
    Once they gauge clusters are removed from the truck the bezels can be twisted of by turning them through something less than 1/8 turn. It is a bayonet type arrangement. The glass is quite thin, more like the thickness used in picture frames. There is also a gasket ring seal to keep moisture out.

If the bezel isn't rusted on it's quite an easy job.

Cheers
    Gregor
    Wow awesome information. Thanks again for all the help!
    1971 Series IIa Hybrid: 2.5L MILSPEC 5-Main Bearing Engine|Turner Engineering Performance Head w/ oversized hardened steel valves & phase shift/increased lift cam|LT77 Tranny/LT230 Transfer Case|11mm Ignition Wires/Super Coil|Jacobs Ignition/Petronix Ignitor|D90 Axles|Galvy Frame|Old Man Emu Coils|Cust Rear/Side Fuel Tanks|Cust Drive Shafts|

Quote Originally Posted by singingcamel
    should be able to go to a glass shop. might be able to cut one for you.
    if not i may have a spare piece for you..
    www.singingcamel.com
    Thanks! The back driver's side quarter panel and back corner cross member were bent in due to the previous owner's wife leaving the park brake off. The rover rolled into something. I'll add some pics.

I spy a 928 in the garage too! I remember in my early teens going ape over those things. I wanted one so bad. It was something about a Porsche with a V8.

The s2a looks nice. I'm eyeing that front bumper too. It looks pretty beefy. I'm in the process of deciding on a bumper with a winch mount.

So what are your plans for the truck? If you're like me you've already cleaned or replaced or fixed every single part... in your thoughts.

Default Holy crap!

...yet another Rover posted on the site that makes mine look like ....well....errr...ugh...

Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted of your triumphs! (no, not cars)

Jeff
    64 SIIa 109 all stock
    69 SIIa 88 all stock
    Old tractors
    New Harleys
    Old trucks