Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anybody heard of riverton rovers ? any opinions ?

Question anybody heard of riverton rovers ? any opinions ?

i am looking at a project series 2a that riverton rovers has for sale and was wanting some feedback on them, has anybody bought any rovers from them? and if so how was the service ? and was the rover as described ? sadly wyoming is a long way away for me and i cant look at said rover before i buy it

i have talked to bill on the phone and he sounds like a stand up guy, but i did a search one here and another landrover forum and got no results and i did a google search too and got little results

this will be my first rover, my dad has a 2001 disco series 2, though and i love it, i am good at working on things and have restored a 1979 trans am so im not afraid to work on a vehicle

thanks

Can you get them to send you (us) pictures? What was the description and price? Buying a Rover sight unseen unless it is only for parts and cheap can easily become a very expensive and frustrating experience especially if you are as fussy about things as I am. Been there, done that.
    Jim

Default buying Rover

If you can't find much out about them. I would be very cautious about buying from them. The was a real piece-of-work up that way Montana, Wyoming (not sure) called Big Sky his rep. was very bad and that could have caused him to change the name. I would do some serious checking ie. talk to other customers and if he won't give you contact info. find another Rover.
    Jim Wolf
    Elvenwood Kennel

Quote Originally Posted by lrdukdog
    There was a real piece-of-work up that way Montana, Wyoming (not sure) called Big Sky his rep. was very bad
    That would have been Creed Evans, and he's most definately on my ass- kicking list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-ME
    Can you get them to send you (us) pictures? What was the description and price? Buying a Rover sight unseen unless it is only for parts and cheap can easily become a very expensive and frustrating experience especially if you are as fussy about things as I am. Been there, done that.
    Jim
    he has about a half dozen pictures on his website that I can post tonight on here, but he is missing Picts of the engine and frame, I figured I would ask him to take Picts of both and e mail them to me

the description is was a project 88 with a rebuilt motor the 2.25 pertrol, the price is $3500

thanks

Just post a website address. I'll save you the trouble of multiple copy and pastes.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-ME
    Just post a website address. I'll save you the trouble of multiple copy and pastes.
    Jim
    cool thanks, tis http://www.rivertonrovers.com/Current_Stock.php the rover im looking at is the light green one with the white scroll painting on it that is $4500, but bill said he could go $3500 here is the description from the website :

This is a series IIA 88; it has a rebuilt 2.25l petrol engine. The Transmission is out at the moment waiting on a new lay shaft and first gear. $

lrdukdog, thats kind of how i am, more than a bit skeptical, they dont even have there address listed on the website either, i had to dig to find it via the web hosting company

also i just found a company called upstate rover in south carolina that has a 109 series 2, anyone heard of them ? they at least have there address and i found they are on the better business bureau and the price is a lot cheaper too but it is in rougher shape

i cant seem to find any series rovers for sale in missouri that are in my price range

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terrys
    That would have been Creed Evans, and he's most definately on my ass- kicking list.
    Were you the one he sent a gas tank to- complete with bullet holes?
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Autoguy, if the rover cost $3500.00 you could problaby count on spending close to $15K to 20K on a restortion, It is a biggg undertaking and the parts are not cheap. I am sure some of the other guys on this site can chime in on the cost of buying something site unseen and then getting the product to find major problems and $ cost, My advice, ( for what it is worth) find something that is in your part of the country and where you can have a hands on look at what you are buying. good luck.

I just looked at this rover, change the cost from 15K to 25 - 27K, in my opinion, keep your money and shop around.