Thread: Very Stupid Beginner Question

Default Very Stupid Beginner Question

I know this is a ridiculous question but is there a proper proceedure to engage 4-wheel high and low on the D90?

I realize the diff shifter has hi/low diff lock (for slippy surfaces) on the left side and H/L on the right side (for regular road travel).

I wanted to make sure I engage the correct way without damaging anything as well as making sure it properly goes into gear.

I apologize ahead of time for the new guy question. First time rover owner and only had it for about 3 weeks or so. Any help/advice is appreciated.

thanks,
    Nick
    1971 Series IIa Hybrid: 2.5L MILSPEC 5-Main Bearing Engine|Turner Engineering Performance Head w/ oversized hardened steel valves & phase shift/increased lift cam|LT77 Tranny/LT230 Transfer Case|11mm Ignition Wires/Super Coil|Jacobs Ignition/Petronix Ignitor|D90 Axles|Galvy Frame|Old Man Emu Coils|Cust Rear/Side Fuel Tanks|Cust Drive Shafts|

from a full stop throw the main gear in neutral and with some force move the diff-lock selector to low range. It might seem like you're going to break the lever before it engages, but you won't. I engage mine at least once a month and I think it helps to make it easier when necessary. You'll know if it's engaged properly, if it's not you won't go anywhere
    Mac Mattingly
    St. Simons Island, Ga

Quote Originally Posted by Maxredd90
    from a full stop throw the main gear in neutral and with some force move the diff-lock selector to low range. It might seem like you're going to break the lever before it engages, but you won't. I engage mine at least once a month and I think it helps to make it easier when necessary. You'll know if it's engaged properly, if it's not you won't go anywhere
    thanks for the info. I do appreciate it.
    1971 Series IIa Hybrid: 2.5L MILSPEC 5-Main Bearing Engine|Turner Engineering Performance Head w/ oversized hardened steel valves & phase shift/increased lift cam|LT77 Tranny/LT230 Transfer Case|11mm Ignition Wires/Super Coil|Jacobs Ignition/Petronix Ignitor|D90 Axles|Galvy Frame|Old Man Emu Coils|Cust Rear/Side Fuel Tanks|Cust Drive Shafts|