Thread: Trailer wiring on D90

Default Trailer wiring on D90

Ok , now that I have the hitch installed, I can't figure out if my SW is originally equiped with a trailer converter box, or if I need one.
    The manual doesn't show any topics on this one. Under the right rear fender
    there is a converter type box with one harness going to the rear right lights, and one harness on the other sside that was connected to a large Euro plug/socket. The last being corroded. So I bought a BA converter 7pin to 4 wire kit. This does not fit the connector on the box on my SW.

I am not sure if the set up I have is OEM to all D90's, or if it was installed later. Anyone have any info? or how they connected their trailer lighting on their D90?

Thanks for any info..

Default Check here...

d-90.com. Click FAQs and look under Towing and Recovery. They have the wire colors and a plug pin-out. You might ask the guys over there too.

Hope this helps.
    Visit The Wandering Hippo (my 109 S2A Ambulance).

OK, I figured it out. Old harness and converter box removed, and new AB converter and plug plugged in..