Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roverdrives

Just check the oil religiously and change it regularly and only use it for cruising, they are more robust than "common knowledge" would indicate.
    The Goat, 2.8 Daihatsu Td, '73 coil conversion

Quote Originally Posted by msggunny
    It sucks that they are having problems with the manufacturers. I waited a few months for one, only to have to use my money i put away for it for an emergency, if they had it ready sooner i would have one in my truck right now.

Still want one, hopefully i can get the cash again for one.
    What is the problem with Roverdrives? I must have missed something along the way here. I understand that they were using off the shelf planet's from Gen. Motors.. Where are they being made? Who is doing the casting? Is it a case or gear train problem.....a lot of queries here, but I missed the whole show.........

In a nutshell: They are having problems getting them made in addition to problems with QC.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-ME
    In a nutshell: They are having problems getting them made in addition to problems with QC.
    Jim
    A planetary geartrain is a good idea, you could use a Simpson set up & get 2 gear options..where arre they being made? Offshore? I have never seen one, but would like to get my hands on one that is broken & cheap...anyone?????

Default Overdrive access with Tuffy console

In response to msggunny's question about being able to service an overdrive if you have a console installed, I just installed a 12 inch tuffy box in our 109 and used snap pins so that the box could be removed easily when it was time to service the overdrive (we have a fairey). Snap pins are spring loaded pins threaded into a nut. I had a welder build and weld brackets to the middle seat rails in front and to the seat belt brackets on the back. The snap pins have cotter pins inserted through them inside the box. When it is time to service the OD, you pull out the cotter pins, pull back the snap pins and the box lifts right out. I can provide pictures if anyone is interested.