Thread: Need suspension help

Default Need suspension help

Ok..so I am still learning and finally have decided to add some droop to my 110. I dont want to do a major surgery to to achieve this. Just few basics.

First. Shock: How are Rancho's 99012 with a whopping 32" extension (about 13 inch travel)

Second: Dislocation: I dont the springs to dislocate, so I have been thinking of using these Expeditionware Spring Retainers (http://www.expeditionexchange.com/retainers/)

Are these any good?
    Will they let the spring travel? or do they inhibit any downward movement?

Third: Second shock on each corner: I am thinking of retaining my OME N47 SPRINGS by 5" below stock position some how ( where and how ? i am open to suggesstion) lower on the chasis so that it prevents too much droop and ensures that springs do not dislocate.

Forth: Spreaking of spring travel, I have OME752 DEF110 REAR MED SPRING in the rear and OME761 Light in the front. How far down can they droop? Since they will not dislocate due to the retainers, their stretch and recovery becomes an important issue. Do they stretch and recover well?

Fifth: QT trailing arms. Do I need them? and if yes why?

Pls help me and let me know if I am on the right track or I have completely lost it?

Thanks

Sajid

Check out Rockware.net for rear shock mounts which will run the 99012 rear shocks. I would contact rovertym for spring info and for a good front suspension setup.

EE spring retainers are nice and work well
    1984 D-90 Tdi
    71 IIa 88 Perkins Prima Powered
    1995 D-90 SW Tdi #413
    No Gas burner Here............

Randy

That is an awfully long shock to run with only a moderate lift. Realistically, you only need a 12" travel shock. The extra 2"s will just be wasted uptravel. On my old Range Rover I was running RoverTym upper and lower mounts and Rancho 9005s. On the rare occasion these would even provide enough travel to pop the spring off the spring cone at full extension.

There is more to shock choice than just extended length and travel, you have to make sure that the whole package works together to achieve best performance.
    Adam Check
    JE Robison Service

Technical questions answered via e-mail and AIM!

E-mail address/AIM screen name: Adam@RobisonService.com

Thanks for the feed back. I am also looking at fox shocks but they are very expensive. Ranchos are economical enough for me to try out the dual set up.

Its either regular 8 inch travel shocks 99157/99159 i think are the part number or 99012 which will require custom front and back mounts.

I was thinking of pro comp mx6 as well..but am leaning more towards ranchos..

Sajidd

forgot to suscribe to the post..

Quote Originally Posted by sajidd
    Thanks for the feed back. I am also looking at fox shocks but they are very expensive. Ranchos are economical enough for me to try out the dual set up.

Its either regular 8 inch travel shocks 99157/99159 i think are the part number or 99012 which will require custom front and back mounts.

I was thinking of pro comp mx6 as well..but am leaning more towards ranchos..

Sajidd
    If you are going for lots of droop you might want to consider relocation cones.

John

If you have the option, go with the OME shocks over the Rancho shocks. The OME's are better qualiy.

I don't know if they will have the sizes you need...
    Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular