Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much would you pay for a 109?

I'll give you $500.00 for the engine if it's rover.

Default this one was free

http://

and after 10 thousand bucks it's probably worth about $5K.... but we love it !

Best Michael

Canuck here! Seeing as our dollar has been about par since last year...I'll give you some details on my 109 purchase in Nov.07.

1983 Series III 109
    x-mod (british)
    Canvas top (old and leaky)
    Modified rear door and sills
    2.2L petrol (122kms - documented...I think
    Original goodyear bias ply w/tubes

Asking: $5,900
    Purchased for $3,500 - yes a very good deal, but remember these vehicles generally don't sell quickly, so most people will deal if it's been for sale for a while...cash talks.

My truck, being an x-mod was in very good shape. Solid Frame, rebuilt engine. Even though I have still aready put $5k into since then...new top, tires, brakes and cylinders, major tune up...etc...etc...

The most important item to look at is the chasis (frame). If it is rusted as you say...walk away...it is a parts vehicle now. You could throw a new 109 galvanized frame on it, but now you are talking big money $3000+++++

My advice...keep looking until you find a clean truck...they are out there.
    Took me almost a year to find mine.

Good luck.

http://www.freewebs.com/83s3109

Yeah i wasn't really in any need of another rover but I noticed it was for sale so I figured I would take a look. Even the steering damper had completly rusted through and fell off the frame. No attachment point.

I will say I do like the 109's extra room. Very cool vehicle!
    1971 Series IIa Hybrid: 2.5L MILSPEC 5-Main Bearing Engine|Turner Engineering Performance Head w/ oversized hardened steel valves & phase shift/increased lift cam|LT77 Tranny/LT230 Transfer Case|11mm Ignition Wires/Super Coil|Jacobs Ignition/Petronix Ignitor|D90 Axles|Galvy Frame|Old Man Emu Coils|Cust Rear/Side Fuel Tanks|Cust Drive Shafts|

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Aronson
    There really is no "average" price because of the age and rarity of Series vehicles. If it's a 109" SW 5 door, it will be worth a lot more than a 109" 3 door, of which there are more in the USA.

Is is a 4 or 6 cylinder?
    3 door or 5 door? Tailgate in rear?
    Hardtop or canvas top?
    Seats or benches in rear?
    Series II-A or Series III
    Which diesel engine, LR or a conversion?
    Mileage on the car?
    Service history?
    Condition of transmission, transfer case?
    What do you consider "minimal rust?" (The location of the rust is far more critical than the amount, e.g, door tops are much easier to replace than a rear crossmember)
    Condition of frame and bulkhead?

That said, I bought a '66 Series II-A HT with a patched frame, original engine, two sets of 16" wheels and tires, new hoop set and canvas top, straight panels and faded out paint, for $3,000 two years ago. Unless your 109" is a station wagon, there's not a lot of difference in pricing between an 88" and a 109".

As recommended, post some photos. We're all intrigued!

Jeff
    I wasn't aware that a 5 door was worth more than my 3 door rhd..thanks for the advice