Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Back Seats

Default High Back Seats

anyone know of a good source of high back seats for an SIIa?

Thanks
    Erik

Trakkers. Tough to beat for the money.

jim

tough on your hind end too!

am i really looking at 400$ for a pair? is there a cheaper way? used is fine with me.

Volvo 240 seats. You can get them heated too if you want.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Jeep seats. Common as much used. I bought new Bestop Trailpro's. A simple adapeter consisting of a sheet of metal to span the Land Rover Seat rails plus a couple of lengths of 3/4" square tube and they fit a treat. It even lifts the back of the seat just enough to clear rear flange of the seat box so you get an extra 1 - 1.5" of leg room. They are also quite comfy.

Cheers
    Gregor

I put a pair of Corbeau GTS2 in my 110. They are less than Trackers, and more comfortable. I prefer the high side bolsters of the GTS2 but they have many styles.

I've got a set of RRC front seats to put in the lightweight and will be picking up a full set for the 5 door (if I ever get around to that project). Dry fitting shows that it should be easy with the exception of all those silly wires under there.

Any one have a wiring diagram for early 90's Range Rover Classic seats?

Another thing to remember, if you've got under seat fillers, is how you are going to get access to them once the new seats are in. Don't ask me how I know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith
    Another thing to remember, if you've got under seat fillers, is how you are going to get access to them once the new seats are in. Don't ask me how I know this.
    A hole saw should help. It would also be a quite convenient mod to save embarrassment on those long runs with strong coffee and few rest stops.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie
    A hole saw should help. It would also be a quite convenient mod to save embarrassment on those long runs with strong coffee and few rest stops.
    That would require a bumper sticker. Which might help ward against tailgaters too!

Here is something along similar lines for the trail rig that has everything (that you'd want).

Courtesy of http://www.bumperdumper.com

Oh dear, here goes another string down the toilet...