Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: never ever go to west coast british

Default never ever go to west coast british

if you live in the northern california area i can tell where not to go...some place called west coast british. a guy named mike runs the shop and he so far has called me an a-hole, dickbrain and apparently thinks he is going to kick my ass. oh and by the way i took parts there for him to work on and when i called to find out when they would be done he yelled at me and hung up, so when i called back he threatened me over the phone. now he has my parts and i am sure will try to reem me in money to get them back.
    anybody got any good suggestions on how to handle a guy like this, i do not want to have to resort to beating it out of him so i hope i can do this in a way that i can get my parts back and not have to hurt him. boy customer service is not what it used to be. he thinks he is gods gift to land rovers....
    -hawk
    1981 landrover series III stage 1
    1967 GT fastback mustang
    1982 volvo 242GT turbo
    1962 ford thunderbird
    if you have heard, seen or smelled a bigfoot please contact me.

Write a letter requesting your parts back and for him not to do any work on them. Then you have it documented in writing. You can usually make things happen with a letter that will never occur through telephone because 1) it is documented and 2) many people who will spend all day arguing on the phone will never take five minutes to draft a letter.

Would this be the same gentleman who has a short answer for any question on the land rover exchange forum? I believe he has just replied to a query looking for an excellent parts dealer and mechanic in Socal.

Cheers
    Gregor

Quote Originally Posted by PH4
    Write a letter requesting your parts back and for him not to do any work on them. Then you have it documented in writing. You can usually make things happen with a letter that will never occur through telephone because 1) it is documented and 2) many people who will spend all day arguing on the phone will never take five minutes to draft a letter.
    Make sure you send the letter certified mail to insure you have proof he received it. Otherwise, excellent advice. If he ignores you, and won't give back the parts, take him to small claims court. That's the best you can do without the arse kicking, which in my opinion would probably be infinately more satisfying in this case. Good luck.
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

First attempt only printed the quote, so here goes again.

Make sure you send the letter certified mail, so you have proof that he received it. If he ignores you, and won't return the parts, then take him to small claims court. Tha'ts the best you can do without resorting to an arse kicking, which would be infinately more satisfying in this case. Good luck!
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

First attempt only printed the quote, so here goes again.

Make sure you send the letter certified mail, so you have proof that he received it. If he ignores you, and won't return the parts, then take him to small claims court. Tha'ts the best you can do without resorting to an arse kicking, which would be infinately more satisfying in this case. Good luck!
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

an arse kicking would be very satisfying in this case , but alas i must try to restrain myself from doing what i would really like to do. but if i ever saw him in a dark alley....

funny bit though..he called left me a pleasant message saying i could come get my parts. this guy is a piece of work. well i will let you all know how it goes...
    1967 GT fastback mustang
    1982 volvo 242GT turbo
    1962 ford thunderbird

Isnt this the guy you were avoiding using when you posted up looking for a shop in NorCal?

he's the guy. i thought well, i will just try with one thing...give him the benefit of the doubt...my bad. i thought i could it done and not have to really deal with him. so now i speak from experience, let my bad experience speak volumes to everyone out there and believe me i am going to spread this message like a cult leader. i am going to make sure a lot of people know what to expect from this guy. in the words of The Dude "this aggression will not go unchecked man, the dude minds".
    1967 GT fastback mustang
    1982 volvo 242GT turbo
    1962 ford thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by gobie desert
    believe me i am going to spread this message like a cult leader. ".
    You're not a scientologist are you!? Watch out for Xenu!

Later,
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88