Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: checkerplate

  1. #1

    Default checkerplate

    Does anyone know where i can get chequerplate from as i need to do some "remodelling" on my 90.....cheers...keith

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    twisties~Vermont tarmac rallye style
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Cheers, Thompson
    Art Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kingsport
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Stevo, that link takes you to a blank page.


    Thompson,
    What if you need to fab some special pieces to go with such a set? Does RN have plain sheets of 5-bar available? I'd hate to have to buy the chequer plate Defender bonnet sheet to then cut it up.....
    -L

    '72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    twisties~Vermont tarmac rallye style
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Yes, we have 5-bar. What type of special pieces and sizes do you need?
    Do you want the regular 5-bar or the treated (beautiful looking) that our body pieces are made out of?

    Factory Land Rover Tomb Raider floor pieces too...
    CHEQUER PLATE FLOOR LH TOMB RAIDER

    CHEQUER PLATE FLOOR RH TOMB RAIDER RHD
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kingsport
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSR53
    Yes, we have 5-bar. What type of special pieces and sizes do you need? Do you want the regular 5-bar or the treated (beautiful looking) that our body pieces are made out of?

    Well.....

    What I'm wanting is a toolbox, for the bed of the Series. A simple chest, ~35" wide, so that it will fit between the wheelwell sides. Maybe 12", 14" high by something similar in depth. I've found ones that are made of plain sheetmetal, and I've found ones that are made out of the normal single-bar diamond plate type of treadplate. A hinged lid, with a latch and a locking mechanism of sorts.

    I'd been trying to source 5-bar, to no avail for reasonable prices. The stuff shouldn't be any more expensive than regular diamond plate, but the quotes thus far have been outside of my means for enough to construct such.

    I'd almost gotten to the point of just going with a regular chest in plain, and then with a smaller amount of 5-bar, add some trim to dress it up.
    -L

    '72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    twisties~Vermont tarmac rallye style
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Les, Unfortunately, 5-bar bulk is super expensive. Your best bet would be to purchase the Defender bonnet piece and trim up a regular chest as needed.

    TS

    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie
    I'd been trying to source 5-bar, to no avail for reasonable prices. The stuff shouldn't be any more expensive than regular diamond plate, but the quotes thus far have been outside of my means for enough to construct such.

    I'd almost gotten to the point of just going with a regular chest in plain, and then with a smaller amount of 5-bar, add some trim to dress it up.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kingsport
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSR53
    Les, Unfortunately, 5-bar bulk is super expensive. Your best bet would be to purchase the Defender bonnet piece and trim up a regular chest as needed.
    That's along the lines of what it kept coming to, which isn't quite logical for mere appearances, given that, to make a box would take several, or even clad an existing box decently, would take more than one....


    Further contemplation is needed..... hmmmm..............



    -L

    '72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Unparalleled product knowledge. Our mission is to support all original Land Rover models no longer supported by your local Land Rover franchise. We offer the entire range of Land Rover Genuine Parts direct from Land Rover UK, as well as publish North America's largest Land Rover publication, Rovers Magazine.
Join us