Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tire Choices

6mm plastic BB's work better than equal, don't clump if they get damp, don't require special valves, and cost less.
    The Goat, 2.8 Daihatsu Td, '73 coil conversion

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNY
    6mm plastic BB's work better than equal, don't clump if they get damp, don't require special valves, and cost less.
    Care to elaborate on this idea? I've heard of it before and want to use it on my 101. I'm about to put on a new set of 9.00X16 Denman bar grips that I got a deal on. Roughly what quantity would you use for a fairly heavy, out of balance tyre?

Cheers
    Gregor

Last edited by yorker; 02-15-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Woulld 135 apiece be a good deal for bfg at's? 235-85-16
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Mr. fireman short:

I finally sold the old rig. Never intended on parting with it but came across another opportunity that I needed the money for. It is the same year, 1973, and an original unmolested NAS 88'. Couldn’t pass it up. I will send you some pictures when I get it out of my garage. Going through the normal things a 35 year old vehicle needs thats been sitting for the past 20 years.

Scott

Default Running Bias Ply

I prefer the enourmous durrability of my Bias Ply 7.50X16's. But, The type of tyre I run Is a preference. I've found that they are particularily interesting in the heavy snow of Upstate NY. I Replaced My Dunlop Mud Rovers that actually dry rotted from age before the tread wore out with Sygma's. Huge side bitters, great digging ability and louder then hell on the highway. The Treads an inch deep and decent center traction to help push out slush and snow enabling them to clear quickly. Did I mention they were loud on the highway. Not the greatest tire for everyday use but nearly indestructable with there 8-ply rating and heavy rubber construction. Use them off road and in the forest over stumps without fear of being damaged. Great in the creek beds and overall perform well. But, there loud enough on the highway they drowned out the drone of the Series Petrol engine at better then 60mph.
    Running Firestone 31X10.50X15 All-terrains on the 15 inch rims and found them better in the ice but lacking in the heavy off roading capability. Also $70 more expensive then my bias tyres, so use them only when really neccessary. Far more comfortable then the Bias tyres though and quieter. Due to the simular overall diameter didn't need to switch out the speedometers when I change tires. So Need, COmfort and Budget all played there role. I just like the Bias tyres better....