Thread: rebuilding brake servo

Default rebuilding brake servo

woke up this morning to find no brake pressure at all, I opened the hood and the servo unit was leaking out of the bottom.

What parts should I purchase to rebuild the servo , or would it be better to purchase an entire new servo

Any recommendations are welcome.

1973 Series III lhd
    Dual Master Cylinder

--Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    woke up this morning to find no brake pressure at all, I opened the hood and the servo unit was leaking out of the bottom.

What parts should I purchase to rebuild the servo , or would it be better to purchase an entire new servo

Are you sure that it's not the master leaking down across the servo?

You can rebuild the master, but, replace the servo. They have a nasty dangerous spring in there.

IMHO, FWIW....
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

There's no fluid in the servo. Don't go in there unless you know what you're doing. If you see fluid between the servo and the master, it's the master that's leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie
    Are you sure that it's not the master leaking down across the servo?

You can rebuild the master, but, replace the servo. They have a nasty dangerous spring in there.

IMHO, FWIW....
    That is exactly what happened to me at the Winter Romp a few years back. The only thing a bad servo should leak is air. Brake fluid means your master cylinder is kaput.

-Jason